Start Date: Jan. 28, 2013
Challenges and Opportunities for Obtaining Capital workshop
Time: 9:00 AM
Challenges and Opportunities for Obtaining Capital workshop, January 28, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Hershey Lodge and Convention Center, 325 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033. Are you a young, new or minority farmer? Gain insight into ag loans and business management!
Approaching a new ag business venture can be confusing. Let experts help you navigate this complex but important terrain:
• Common Pitfalls for the First-Time Borrower
• Tips for Choosing an Ag Lender
• Programs for Young, Beginning and Minority Farmers
• What Are Ag Lenders Looking For?
• Business Planning, Financial Records & Opportunities
• AgTools™ for Building a Sustainable Business
• Using AgFinance™ on a Farm Case Study
• Obtaining a Loan - What are the Options?
Lunchtime and panel discussions will allow you to make contacts and ask questions!
Registration is $60 and includes lunch. For more details please contact Catherine Lara at cyL1@psu.edu or 717-334-6271. The registration deadline is January 21.